If you want to save your project to your own drive,
just dragging the project files will not work. Instead:
1. Connect your external drive to the computer.
2. Open your project in Premiere*.
3. Go to Project > Project Manager.
4. Check the boxes for all your sequences.
5. Under Resulting Project select Collect Files and Copy to New Location.
6. Uncheck Exclude Unused Clips to move all the files.
7. Leave Include Preview Files (rendered effects) & Audio Conform Files checked.
8. Check Rename Media Files to Match Clip Names.
9. Under Project Destination click Browse and find a folder on your external drive.
10. Under Disk Space, ‘Resulting Project Size’ should match the ‘Original Project Size’.
11. Click ‘OK’ to start the transfer.
12. Be sure to check the results. Do this by taking your drive to another computer and opening the project.
* For Final Cut Pro, the process is very similar. Visit MCC 225 for help.